Saturday, August 21, 2004

"I don't know how you do it..."

I recently joined a website for parents of "special children". There is a person on the site we know as Elistein. They wrote this poem that touched a lot of hearts as parents. I want to share it here...

I don't know how you do it
is all I seem to hear
I wouldn't do it, couldn't do it
not for me, no dear
do you sleep?
time for yourself?
go out with your husband?
get a break?
How I wish there was a simple answer
that didn't create a martyr
for I am not perfect
many flaws and doubts
It's not amazing, wondrous, or incredible.
you see, I was given two gifts
to be cherished and cared for
I see no other way
so innocent and precious
they ask for nothing
other than love
The latest movie does not matter
Sleep happens when it does
I appreciate their every breath and happiness
My life's enjoyment in their faces
Time-minutes and hours-mean so much
I never would have learned
without my angels guidance
We can get it done, we will
I didn't ask for this, it chose me
if you looked into those eyes,
full of trust and love
You would do it too
by Elistein@aol.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Trishymouse said...

Unless I walked in your shoes, I would never understand. Even knowing you, I still don't understand. Reading the poem, I still don't understand. I truly don't think I could do it. I'm not that good a person...

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home